Instagram allow users to connect their Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter accounts to instantly share pictures withfriends out there. So if you are looking for an application or tool to upload Instagram photos to your Google Drive account, you are at right place.
Google Driveâ€™s USP lies in â€˜real-time online file collaborationâ€™ that it brings through web apps. Google Driveâ€™s free version offers you 5GB of storage space and people looking for more space can pay accordingly. It is one of the cloud storage services that people rely on to keep their photos, videos, documents and files safely backed up on the cloud. So, if you wish to upload your Instagram photos to a cloud storage service, then Google Drive can be a good choice.
Here, we have an IFTTT recipe to automatically upload Instagram photos to your Google drive account.
1. Go to https://ifttt.com/ and sign in to your account. If you don't have an IFTTT account, then create one.
2. Once you have created / signed in to your account, go to your dashboard and click on 'Create a Recipe'.
3. Click on 'this' link, and now choose 'Instagram' as your trigger channel.
4. IFTTT will now ask for permission to access 'Instagram' account.
5. Next thing you need to do is choose a trigger, which in this case will be 'Any new photo by you' then click on the 'Create Trigger' button.
6. Next step is to click on 'that' tab, then click 'View all Channels' to select the 'Google Drive' channel.
7. Activate your Google Drive channel and give IFTTT access to your Google Drive account.
8. Once your Google Drive channel is activated, close the tab and continue to your recipe by picking Google Drive as your action channel.
9. Select 'Add file from URL' as your action, and click 'Create Action' button.
10. Now click on the 'Create Recipe' button to save your new recipe and turn it on.
Now, when you add a photo to your Instagram, a copy of it will be backed up on your Google Drive account automatically.