Dropbox is hugely responsible for making â€˜cloud storageâ€™ & â€˜File syncingâ€™ household terms. It works brilliantly on all platforms i.e. Windows, Mac, Android, BlackBerry, iOS and Linux. Dropbox does have different pricing options. Their free service offers you 2GB of storage, whereas, every referral help you earn an additional 500MB per person, which goes up to 16GB.
Instagram is a user friendly mobile applications available for iPhone, Android and iPads. Instagram is a unique picture based application which require users to create account to use it. Once a user has created the account, they can click photos on their mobile phones, apply filters & effects available and then post them for others to view.
Uploading Instagram photos to Dropbox is easy using the following IFTTT recipe. IFTTT stands for 'IF This Than This'. Here is a quick and simple IFTTT recipe to automatically upload Instagram photos to Dropbox.
1. Go to https://ifttt.com/ and sign in to your account. If you don't have an IFTTT account, then create one.
2. Once you have created / signed in to your account, go to your dashboard and click on 'Create a Recipe'.
3. Click on 'this' link, and now choose 'Instagram' as your trigger channel.
4. IFTTT will now ask for permission to access 'Instagram' account.
5. Next thing you need to do is choose a trigger, which in this case will be 'Any new photo by you' then click on the 'Create Trigger' button.
6. Next step is to click on 'that' tab, then click 'View all Channels' to select the 'Dropbpx' channel.
7. Activate your Dropbox channel and give IFTTT access to your Dropbox account.
8. Once your Dropbox channel is activated, close the tab and continue to your recipe by picking Dropbox as your action channel.
9. Select 'Add file from URL' as your action, and click 'Create Action' button.
10. Now click on the 'Create Recipe' button to save your new recipe and turn it on.
Now, when you add a photo to your Instagram, a copy of it will be backed up on your Dropbox account automatically.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.