Instagram Direct is an exciting feature that allows users to send photos or videos to selected people or group of people. The photos and videos you send via Instagram direct do not appear on your profile, or in your feed, or within search results. You can send photos or videos with Instagram Direct either from the regular share page that you use to upload a photo or video or by tapping the inbox icon from the home tab.
To send a photo or video with Instagram Direct, follow the process below:
- Open Instagram app
- Take a new photo or video or upload one from your phone's media library.
- You can choose to add effects, filters, or a caption.
- From the share page, tap 'Direct,' and then tap the names of the people with whom you want to share the post (you can select up to 15).
- When you tap 'Send,' the people whom you've sent the post to will receive a notification.
To open/view the messages that you've received through Instagram Direct, follow the process below:
- Open Instagram app.
- Tap the icon on the right side of the home feed.
- You can manage the posts that you've sent and received from there.
- Posts that are sent through Instagram Direct can't be shared to other sites like Facebook or Twitter. It's also not possible to tag people or to use hashtags in these posts.
- Everyone whom you've sent a photo or a video to through Instagram Direct can see its likes and comments, even if they don't follow each other.