Picasa Web is an image hosting and sharing website provided by Google. It offers 1GB of free storage space to all its users. It provides the unlimited storage for small and resized photos. It allows you to rent additional storage space through a paid monthly subscription plan. Google integrated Picasa web into Google+. When you access Picasa Web, then you will automatically get directed to Google+. SmugMug is a paid photo and video hosting website where you can backup photos and video to share them with others. SmugMug has a file size limitation to upload photos. The uploading file size limit is 50 MB and 100 megapixels per photo. Moving photos from SmugMug to your Picasa Web account is easy. In just few steps you can easily save and backup photos to Picasa Web.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from SmugMug to Picasa Web:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Organize" button located at top of the window.
- You will see all your photo and video galleries.
- Open the photo gallery and select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at top of the photo gallery.
- Select "Download Image" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Smugmug.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Upload more" button located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Picasa web account.
- This is how you can move photos from SmugMug to Picasa Web.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.