Picasa is a Free photo management program provided by Google. Picasa is used to organize & manage all the photos which have stored on your hard drive. Mainly, Picasa allows you to manage your photos. It offers basic photo editing functions i.e color enhancement, cropping & red eye reduction. It has several features like slide shows, printing, & image timelines. Picasa allows you to share your photos & videos with family & friends. Picasa supports following file formats to store photos i.e .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .gif, .psd (Photoshop), .png, .tga, & selected RAW file formats. If you are looking for a step by step process to import Photos to Picasa from camera, read on.
Here are the steps Import Photos from Camera to Picasa:
1. Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
2. Download & install "Picasa Desktop Application" on your computer & launch it.
3. Connect your camera to your computer using the USB cable.
4. Open Picasa & click "Import button.
5. Select the source of your photos i.e 'Camera' into a 'Import from:' section.
6. Choose the location to save the photos on your computer. If you choose 'date taken' option as a folder title, then your photos will be saved in separate folder by date.
7. You will see 3 options in the "After Copying" section.
a) Leave card alone: Nothing is deleted from your camera.
b) Delete only copied photos: Only imported photos will be deleted.
c) Delete everything on card: All photos which are found on camera will be deleted.
8. Select any ('a' or 'b' or 'c') one of the options listed above.
9. Select the photos which you want to import to Picasa.
10. Click "Import Selected" or "Import All" to import all the photos.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.