Picasa is an application program which allows you to organize and edit digital photos and videos. It works with the photos & videos which are store on your computer. Picasa integrates well with other services and applications provided by Google like Google+, You tube and much more. Picasa allows you to upload videos to Youtube with a simple steps. If you want to backup videos from your camera to Picasa, first you need to download & install the Picasa on your computer. You can directly import your photos & videos to Picasa, no need to store it on your computer in a separate folder. If you are looking for a step by step process to import videos from camera to Picasa, read below.
Here are the steps Import Videos from Camera to Picasa:
1. Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
2. Download & install "Picasa Desktop Application" on your computer & launch it.
3. Connect your camera to your computer using the USB cable.
4. Open Picasa & click "Import button.
5. Select the source of your videos i.e 'Camera' into a 'Import from:' section.
6. Choose the location to save the videos on your computer. If you choose 'date taken' option as a folder title, then your videos will be saved in separate folder by date.
7. You will see 3 options in the "After Copying" section.
a) Leave card alone: Nothing is deleted from your camera.
b) Delete only copied photos: Only imported photos will be deleted.
c) Delete everything on card: All photos which are found on camera will be deleted.
8. Select any ('a' or 'b' or 'c') one of the options listed above.
9. Select the videos which you want to import to Picasa.
10. Click "Import Selected" or "Import All" to import all the videos.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.Quick Tip to ensure your videos never go missing
Videos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.