Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service where you can backup photos, videos, documents and much more online. When you download Google Drive app, it syncs with your computer and mobile devices to cloud. If you make any changes on any device, it will automatically show up on another device and the cloud storage service. It relies on Google search with image recognition for browsing your photos. It offers 5 GB of free storage space to store photos, videos and documents. If you move to a premium account, then it will automatically expand your Gmail storage space to 25 GB. If you have backed up photos to SmugMug and you want to move them to Google Drive, then you can do it by using computer. First download photos from SmugMug to computer and then upload them to Google Drive.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from SmugMug to Google Drive:
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Organize" button located at top of the window.
- You will see all your photo and video galleries.
- Open the photo gallery and select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at top of the photo gallery.
- Select "Download Image" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos from the Smugmug.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. click "Upload" button located next to the create button to upload photos.
- Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your photos are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
- This is how you can move photos from SmugMug to Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.