Flickr is a famous photo sharing service where you can backup photos and videos. It offers 1 TB of free storage space to store photos and videos. Flickr free account user has a limit to upload photos and videos i.e 200 MB per photo & 1 GB per video. The advantage of Flickr is, it allows you to make friends and join groups. OneDrive is cloud storage service where you can backup photos, videos, and documents. It offers 7 GB of free storage space to store photos, videos, and documents which is less than Flickr. OneDrive doesn't allow you to make groups. To learn how to move photos from OneDrive to Flickr, check out the steps below.
A. Via PicBackMan
- Download and install PicBackMan on your computer and register your account.
- On Accounts tab, associate your OneDrive and Flickr accounts.
- Go to Migrate tab and click on â€˜Choose Account to Migrateâ€™ button. Now select OneDrive from the drop-down list of associated accounts and click save.
- In order to migrate photos to Flickr account, select the check box corresponding to Flickr icon.
- Now click â€˜Migrateâ€™ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your OneDrive photos will now be migrated to your Flickr account.
B. Via OneDrive website:
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you are signed in to your account, you will see all your photo and video albums.
- Open the photo album. You will see a checkbox at the top right corner when you mouse over the photos.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located on the menu bar or you can "Right click" & select the "Download" option.
- You will be prompted to save the .zip file. Choose the location where you wish to save the downloaded file.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the window.
- Click "Choose photos & videos" button to upload photos.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Flickr account.
- This is how you can move photos from OneDrive to Flickr.
You can install PicBackMan OneDrive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.