Flickr is an online photo management and sharing application where you can backup photos and videos. Flickr allows you to organize your photos into albums and sets. It stores all the photos and videos in 'Photostreams' and it can be displayed as a 'slideshow', 'detail view', 'justified view' or a datestamped archive. Photobucket is an image hosting and video hosting website which is widely used for both personal and business purposes. It offers 10GB of bandwidth for sharing and linking, unlimited access to Photobucket's editing, slideshow & Story features. If you upgrade your free account to paid account then you can use unlimited bandwidth.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Photobucket to Flickr:
- Go to http://photobucket.com/ & sign into your account.
- Click "Library" located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "View Library" option.
- Open an album where photos are located.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- You will see "Media options" located right side of the window.
- Click "Download".
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Photobucket.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign into your account.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the window.
- Click "Choose photos & videos" button to upload photos.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Flickr account.
- This is how you can move photos from Photobucket to Flickr.
You can install PicBackMan's Flickr uploader to automatically move Photobucket photos to your Flickr account. Simply, associate Photobucket & Flickr account and then leave it to PicBackMan. It will migrate all your Photobucket photos in the background and you can continue to work on whatever you need.