Smugmug is an image hosting service that allows you to backup photos & videos, also organize, edit and share them with other people in the world. It offers 4 different types of accounts and each account has a different subset of features. The account types are 'Basic', 'Power', 'Portfolio', and 'Business'. SmugMug offers basic customization plan for $40/year, power customization plan for $60/year, portfolio customization plan for $150/year, business customization plan for $300/year. You can share SmugMug photos to social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and much more. If you are using Google Drive, you can't share photos with social networking sites. You can only share Google Drive photos to Google+. So you can move your photos to SmugMug to share with other social networking sites.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from Google Drive to SmugMug:
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "My Drive" button located at the left side of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the photos which you want to download.
- "Right click" the selected photos and select "Download" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos you selected from Google Drive.
- Click "Download" button.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level and click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- This is how you can move photos from Google Drive to SmugMug.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up SmugMug Photos & videos.