Google Drive is a cloud storage & synchronization service which allows you to backup photos, videos & important files. Google Drive offers 5 GB free storage space to store your files, photos & videos. Those who need a larger storage space can upgrade to various available paid plans. Their plans start from as low as 100GB for $1.99/month and goes as high as 30TB for $299.99/month. If you have a Google account, you can directly access Google Drive.
DropBox is a cloud storage & synchronization service which allows you to backup photos, videos & files to access them from anywhere in the world. DropBox offers 2GB free storage space. Those who need a larger storage space can upgrade to various available paid plans. Their plans start from as low as 100GB for $9.99/month and goes as high as 500GB for $49.99/month. Each file you upload through the website must be 10 GB or less.
Following are the steps to move photos from Google Drive to Dropbox:
- Install "Dropbox desktop application" on your computer. It creates a folder on your system's hard disk. The folder is named "Dropbox".
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the photos that you wish to download.
- "Right click" the selected photos, select "Download" option. Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location i.e. 'Dropbox' to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photos you selected.
- Click "Download" button.
- All your photos will now be downloaded to Dropbox folder on the computer.
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the menu bar.
- As soon as you click upload, a pop-up window opens up. Click "Choose File" button & select the photos from your computer which you want to upload to Dropbox.
- Click "Start Upload" button to automatically upload your photos.
- All your photos will now be uploaded to Dropbox.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.