Picasa is an image organizing & photo sharing website which allows you to backup photos & videos. Flickr is also a popular photo sharing website which allows you to backup photos & videos to access them from anywhere on any smartphone, tablet or computer. To migrate videos from Picasa to Flickr, you have to download the Flickr Uploadr & Picasa Desktop Application on your computer. Flickr uploadr is one of the various photo uploading tools provided by Flickr. Picasa desktop application has an 'Upload' button which is used to backup photos & videos from your computer to Picasa web albums. When you upload photos to Flickr, it organizes your photos & videos into 'Albums' which is also known as 'Sets'. Flickr also allows you to embed your photos & videos or albums into blogs, forums & websites.
Following are the steps to Migrate Videos From Picasa to Flickr:
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download "Flickr Uploadr" on your computer from the Google & launch it.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download "Picasa Desktop Application" on your computer from the Google & launch it.
- Import all your videos into Picasa.
- Drag and drop the videos into a Picasa album which you want to migrate to Flickr account.
- Once your album is completed, select the videos which you want to migrate to Flickr.
- Click "Export" button located at the bottom of the window.
- Choose the location of exported folder, name of exported folder & maximum size for your exported videos.
- Fire up the Flickr Uploadr.
- Browse to the folder where you exported the videos & select them.
- Drag and drop your videos to the Flickr Uploadr.
- Click "Upload" button located at the bottom right corner of the window.
- Your Picasa album will now be migrated to Flickr account.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.