Google Photos is a gallery app that stores your photos and videos to Google Drive. And DropBox is a cloud storage service provided by DropBox Inc. Dropbox offers 2GB of free storage space, which is useful to backup photos, videos, and documents. Dropbox allows you to create a dedicated folder (Dropbox folder) on each of their computers for storing their files, photos & videos.
Here are the steps to move photos from Dropbox to Google Photos:
- Download and install PicBackMan on your computer and create an account.
- Open & login to PicBackMan desktop application if you are not logged in.
- On Accounts tab, associate your Dropbox and Google Photos accounts.
- Go to Migrate tab and click on 'Choose Account to Migrate' button. Now select Dropbox from the drop-down list of associated accounts and click save.
- In order to migrate your Dropbox photos to your Google Photos account, select the checkbox corresponding to Google photos
- Now click 'Migrate' button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your Dropbox photos will now be migrated to your Google Photos.
- Note that PHOTO and VIDEO upload shouldn't be running. Also, it might take time for migration to complete depending upon the number of photos you have in your Dropbox account.