Picasa is an image organizing & photo sharing website which allows you to backup photos & videos. Picasa is a desktop application, it scans your hard drive & displays the photo & video files which it finds on your computer. The photos in your iPhoto Library will be displayed in Picasa in the 'iPhoto Library' collection as a read-only files. You can also remove the read-only 'iPhoto Library' from Picasa. Picasa allows you to upload photos & videos, create a movie, create a collage, email, print and much more. Picasa does not allow you to edit, move, delete and add tags to iPhoto Library photos. If you want to edit the photos from iPhoto Library, then you have to copy the entire photo folder to a location outside of the iPhoto Library. Picasa will ask you the permission to copy the folder to 'Imported from iPhoto' > 'Pictures' > folder name.
Here are the steps Import iPhoto Library to Picasa:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download & install "Picasa Desktop Application" on your Mac & launch it.
- Open Picasa Desktop Application.
- Click "File Menu" & select "Import from iPhoto" option.
- Click "Pictures" located at the left-hand side of the window.
- You will see your 'iPhoto Library'. By default, Picasa for Mac will look for your iPhoto Library in its usual location (Pictures > iPhoto Library).
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.