Google Drive is a cloud storage & synchronization service which was released on April 24, 2012. It allows you to backup videos, photos, files & important documents to cloud storage and access them from anywhere. To upload your photos, videos & files from Mac, first you need to download and install 'Google Drive Desktop Application' on your computer. To install Google Drive on your Mac computer, simply click on the download link and once Google Drive is installed the logo will appear in the status bar. A special folder is created on your Mac and it synced with your Google Drive account. Anything you add in this folder will automatically be uploaded to your Google Drive account.
Following are the steps to Backup Video Folder From iPhoto to Google Drive:
There are 2 ways to upload the video folder.
1) Drag-and-drop folder.
2) Upload folders to Google Drive (using Export option).
1) Drag-and-drop folder: Get all your videos into a separate folder. Simply drag and drop your video folder from your Mac to Google Drive folder. You can upload folders directly into a folder or sub-folder in your Google Drive.
2) Upload folders to Google Drive (using Export option):
- Get all your videos into a separate folder.
- Open iPhoto as normal.
- Click "File" & select "Export" option.
- A pop window opens up. Click "File Export" button.
- Choose "Current" option from drop-down menu.
- Choose "Use filename" option to upload the original filename of the video folder.
- Select subfolder format as "Event name" from drop-down menu.
- Click "Export" button to choose the destination.
- Choose "Google Drive" option.
- Click "Ok" button.
- Your video folder will now be uploaded to Google Drive account.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.