Skydrive is a cloud service from Microsoft. It has been hosting people’s data since five years, It works on all platforms i.e. Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. Except Linux & Blackberry. Skydrive is one of the best places to backup your Instagram photos. You can actually set up a process to automatically upload Instagram photos to your Skydrive Account.
One and the most popular ways of creating a photo backup of your Instagram photos is to back them up to Skydrive. Below we have an IFTTT (IF This Than This) recipe to show how you can backup Instagram photos to your Skydrive account.
1. Go to https://ifttt.com/ and sign in to your account. If you don't have an IFTTT account, then create one.
2. Once you have created / signed in to your account, go to your dashboard and click on 'Create a Recipe'.
3. Click on 'this' link, and now choose 'Instagram' as your trigger channel.
4. IFTTT will now ask for permission to access 'Instagram' account.
5. Next thing you need to do is choose a trigger, which in this case will be 'Any new photo by you' then click on the 'Create Trigger' button.
6. Next step is to click on 'that' tab, then click 'View all Channels' to select the 'SkyDrive' channel.
7. Activate your SkyDrive channel and give IFTTT access to your Skydrive account.
8. Once your Skydrive channel is activated, close the tab and continue to your recipe by picking Skydrive as your action channel.
9. Select 'Add file from URL' as your action, and click 'Create Action' button.
10. Now click on the 'Create Recipe' button to save your new recipe and turn it on.
Now, when you add a photo to your Instagram, a copy of it will be backed up on your Skydrive account.
You can install PicBackMan's SkyDrive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”