SkyDrive or OneDrive is a cloud storage where users can store & backup their files & documents. OneDrive can also be used as a backup storage for your photos & videos. Users can access OneDrive from their mobile phones or from a web browser on PC. OneDrive offer features & functions that allow you to easily store and share photos, documents, videos and more.
OneDrive is one of the best places to backup your Photos. It offers 7 GB free storage for new users & goes as high as 200 GB for $50 for per year.
Here are the steps to download photos from a shared SkyDrive album:
1. Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create an account.
2. Once you have signed in to your account, go to the Shared album link.
3. OneDrive gives you 3 options to download the shared album.
a) You can download the Entire album.
b) You can download individual photos.
c) You can download multiple selected photos from the album.
4. If you want to download an entire album, go to the album, click on "Folder actions" & select Download folder at the top. Your browser prompts you about .zip file, then click on "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the shared album.
5. If you want to download an individual photo from the shared album, click on the thumbnail to view. As soon as you click on the thumbnail the photo opens up in bigger size. On the top menu bar you will see a "download" button. click on it to Download.
5. If you want to download only few selected photos, go to the album. You will see a tiny checkbox at the top right corner when you mouse over the photos. Select the photos (that you want to download) and click on "Download" button at the top.
You can install PicBackMan's SkyDrive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”