Skydrive is one of the most widely used cloud storage services that allow users to backup & store their documents, music files, photos & videos. It is a renowned cloud service that offers 7 GB of FREE storage space to all its users. Those who need a larger storage space can upgrade to various available paid plans. Their plans start from as low as 50 GB for $25 and as high as 200 GB for $50 a year.
People around the world use SkyDrive to backup photos, videos, and other important documents. If you are one of those who has uploaded the photos to the cloud but is unaware of how to download them to a computer system, read on. Below we have listed two ways to download photo(s) from SkyDrive to your local computer.
A: Via PicBackMan
- On Accounts tab, associate your SkyDrive / OneDrive account.
- Go to Migrate tab and click on ‘Choose Account to Migrate’ button. Now select SkyDrive / OneDrive from the dropdown list of associated accounts and click save.
- In order to download photos to your computer, select the check box corresponding to 'My Computer' icon.
- Now click ‘Migrate’ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your SkyDrive / OneDrive photos will now be downloaded on your computer.
B. Via OneDrive website:
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com & sign in to your account.
- You have 3 options to download the photos from the album.
a) You can download the entire album.
b) You can download individual photos.
c) You can download multiple selected photos from the album.
- If you want to download an entire album, click on the album (that you want to download). When you "Right click" the selected album, select "Download" option. Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain photos from the album.
- If you want to download an individual photo from the selected album, click on the photo to view. When you click on the photo, it opens up in a bigger size. On the top menu bar, you will see a "download" button. click on it to download.
- If you want to download only a few selected photos, open the folder you wish to download from. You will see a checkbox at the top right corner when you mouse over the photos. Select the photos & click "Download" button located on the menu bar or you can "Right click" & select the "Download" option. You will be prompted to save the .zip file. Choose the location where you wish to save the downloaded file.