You can easily backup iMovie videos to Dropbox on Mac, so that you can share it with family and friends. Once you have shared your edited video from iMovie to Dropbox, they (to whom you shared video) can open it in iMovie and make further edits if required. To backup iMovie videos to Dropbox, you can either download "Dropbox" application on your Mac or upload them using web browser. Following is the step by step process as to how to backup iMovie videos to Dropbox on a Mac machine:
Here are the steps to Backup iMovie Videos to Dropbox on Mac:
- Open "iMovie" on your computer.
- Select the video which you want to backup.
- Click "Share" menu bar.
- Select "Export Movie" option.
- Enter file name in "Export As" field. Choose the location to save the video and an export size.
- Click "Export" button.
- Exit "iMovie".
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the window.
- A pop up window opens up.
- Click "Choose files" button.
- A "File upload" window opens up.
- Select the videos which you want to upload.
- Click "Done" button.
- All your videos will now be backed up to Dropbox.
- You have another option to upload videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your Mac to a location in your Dropbox account.