Today, the rule of thumb is that you should backup all your digital data, be it photos, videos, music, documents etc. There are tons of options available to you where you can create a backup of all your important data. One such option is a cloud storage service named 'Skydrive'.
Skydrive is a cloud service from Microsoft. It has been hosting people's data since five years, It works on all platforms i.e. Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. Except Linux & Blackberry. Skydrive is one of the best places to backup your Instagram photos. You can actually set up a process to automatically upload Instagram photos to your Skydrive Account.
One and the most popular way of automatically uploading Instagram photos to Skydrive is through an IFTTT recipe. IFTTT stands for 'IF This Than This'.
1. Go to https://ifttt.com/ and sign in to your account. If you don't have an IFTTT account, then create one.
2. Once you have created / signed in to your account, go to your dashboard and click on 'Create a Recipe'.
3. Click on 'this' link, and now choose 'Instagram' as your trigger channel.
4. IFTTT will now ask for permission to access 'Instagram' account.
5. Next thing you need to do is choose a trigger, which in this case will be 'Any new photo by you' then click on the 'Create Trigger' button.
6. Next step is to click on 'that' tab, then click 'View all Channels' to select the 'SkyDrive' channel.
7. Activate your SkyDrive channel and give IFTTT access to your Skydrive account.
8. Once your Skydrive channel is activated, close the tab and continue to your recipe by picking Skydrive as your action channel.
9. Select 'Add file from URL' as your action, and click 'Create Action' button.
10. Now click on the 'Create Recipe' button to save your new recipe and turn it on.
Now, when you add a photo to your Instagram, a copy of it will be backed up on your Skydrive account.