If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. To temporarily disable your account:
Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can't temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click the three verticle dots (Android) or the gear icon iPhone) in the top right and then select 'Edit Profile'.
- Scroll down, then tap or click 'Temporarily disable my account' in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to 'Why are you disabling your account? 'and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu.
- Tap or click 'Temporarily Disable Account'.
- Youâ€™ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can't remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
NOTE: If you don't want to disable your account but want to change who can see it, you can set your posts to private or block people.