DropBox is a cloud storage service that helps you to backup photos, videos & important documents from any devices to an online storage space. So that you can access them from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. To add photos to Dropbox from your iPhoto, you will need to import photos to Dropbox from your iPhoto library. You can import photos from iPhoto library to Dropbox by using latest version of the 'Dropbox Desktop Application'. If your iPhoto library is already inside your Dropbox folder, then you will not able to import the photos from iPhoto to Dropbox.
Following are the steps to Add Photos to Dropbox from iPhoto:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Download "Dropbox Desktop Application" on your Mac from the Apple App store & launch it.
- Click "Dropbox" icon in the menu bar.
- Click "Gear" icon and select "Preferences..." option from the menu.
- Select "Import" tab.
- Click "Import Photos from iPhoto...".
- A Pop-up window opens up, click "Import Photos to Dropbox".
- There are 3 ways to add photos from iPhoto to Dropbox.
- a) You can add an entire album.
- b) You can add individual photos.
- c) You can add multiple photos from the album.
- Select any one of the available options listed above.
- The application will copy your photos to a top level folder named "Photos" from iPhoto to your Dropbox.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.