Yes, no matter how much they love kids, mothers sometimes end up ruining their pictures because of over-enthusiasm. They feel the need to take control every time in everything that concerns their children, including their pictures.
Mothers also feel the pressure of competition sometimes, which is spurred by other moms bragging about their own children’s photos. But in order to make their little one’s photos extra-cute, they sometimes end up messing them up.
So here’s what you can stop doing which till now has been ruining your kid’s photos.
1. Asking them to say Cheese: The disadvantage of making little kids pose the same way all the time is that all they will have the same expression in all photos. So don’t ask them to “say cheese”, but instead, focus on taking candid photos. Crack a joke or say something humorous which will make children laugh naturally and that’s your cue to click pictures!
2. Put on makeup on little girls: Nothing looks more artificial than little girls sporting lipstick and mascara. It looks completely unnatural and steals away the innocence of childhood form their pictures. Avoid putting on makeup on girls (or boys for that matter). Your kids will look beautiful only when you don’t tamper with their skin.
3. Dressing up for photo: Asking kids to wear new clothes and accessories just before clicking photos is alright to some extent. But do shoot them in their every-day clothes like school uniforms, or bed-time pajamas too. When they grow up, it will give them a sense of nostalgia to see their favourite Disney print pajamas or a winter jacket they loved wearing all the time.
4. Taking solo pictures only: Include other family members in the photos too. Mother-baby pictures are always a it – so you can also be in the frame sometimes. Dad, uncles, aunts, cousins, pets, friends... ask them all to be a part of your baby’s photoshoot.
5. Use flash: Avoid using your camera or phone’s inbuilt flash as much as possible. Use natural light or external flash. Cameras these days have the capability of shooting in low light as well, so make use of that. However, there are always situations where using flash is absolutely essential. So don’t hesitate then.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”