Though there are a lot of choices available to click photos in color, many prefer to choose black and white photography, because of the dark contours and classic look it produces. Here are some tips if you are planning for black and white maternity pictures.
1. Lighting is very important while taking a picture, more so if you are planning for a black and white shot. Place a white paper wall with your lights focused on the wall. Place the mom-to-be in between, but a few feet behind the lights. While clicking the shot, the photographer should be aligned a few feet behind the subject in a straight line. The output image will result in an image where the mom-to-be (subject) is silhouetted against the bright backdrop. You can further increase the depth of contrast by retouching the photograph.
2. Choose natural light while opting for a black and white outdoor portrait. Black and white photography is possible in any kind of lighting and that is what makes it unique. But the best time is when it is cloudy and most shutterbugs complain about insufficient light.
3. While taking a black and white picture, if you are not planning to retouch you image then pay more attention to the lighting, shadows, texture and tones while taking photos.
4. The textures and contours are detailed beautifully in a black and white picture, importantly the curvy image of a soon-to-be mom. This is one of the reasons many professional photographers click at least a couple of images in black and white, and play with shadows and texture. Moreover, while enhancing the figure, black and white photography beautifully smudges the unwanted portions (stretch marks, extra fat) due to pregnancy.
5. The best part of black and white photos is that even if you have completed taking the photo shoot in color, you can still quickly transform them into beautiful black and white portraits by retouching them. There are number techniques through which you can achieve professional looking images!
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”