Moms who have a photo-fetish can always be seen whipping out their cameras or phone to click pictures, no matter what time of the day or night it is. Many get by with brilliant results during the day as light is good and they don’t have to adjust the camera settings much.
But at night, one needs to pay attention as light is low and it is difficult to get sharp pictures. So clicking photos at family get-togethers, outdoor parties or night-time camping trips should be done by keeping these tips in mind:
1. Adjust the shutter speed to low to ensure longer exposure. A longer exposure period ensures that the camera has enough time to capture the image in low or dim light.
2. During night change your aperture setting from f/16 to f/4 or f/5.6 so that you can capture better night shots as compared to the shots taken in f/16.
3. Clicking pictures a sunset? Then do check the white balance of your camera also. This will help you capture the true colours of the sky and the surroundings as well.
4. Use a tripod since pictures will be blurry if camera shakes even a little bit. So to shoot good and sharp pictures in low light or dim surroundings, use a tripod to keep the camera steady.
5. You might not be able to capture action pictures very well. Dim lighting will cause the picture to shake (or become blurry) and grainy. So avoid taking pictures of kids running around or the likes. Reserve those pictures for daytime.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”