Getting engaged? Great! It is time to celebrate and have some romantic moments before the frenzy of wedding planning takes over. And while you are at it, how about a nice couple photo shoot where you can get some great shots in amazing settings to capture the flavour of your relationship.
And get it done while the sun is still shinning and summer is in full bloom. Because once the weather changes, you can say goodbye to flowy dresses and possible outdoor shoots.
Here are some ideas which can be used to make your engagement a truly photogenic moment.
1. Well, if you need any help in deciding the colour scheme of the photos, then look again at the title of this post – Summer Engagement. Summer is all about bright colours, flowers, refreshing blue water and green grass. Incorporate these colours in your photos, either in the clothes of the couple, or in the background setting.
2. Pick a hobby, either of the to-be bride or the groom, and use that as prop to create some amazing pictures. For example, a guitar, yoga studio, a painting canvas or a squash racquet – all can be used in innovative ways to create a certain sense of quirky romance.
3. Wouldn’t it be fun to go out on a picnic? Isn’t that what normal people do during summer vacations? Pack a basket, bring a big umbrella with you, and go out with your beloved to get some fresh air. Outdoor shoots always come up great in terms of colours and freshness.
4. If you are going to shoot outdoors, then either find a nice shady place to shoot, or choose the Golden Hour to click pictures. For those who don’t know, Golden hour is the one hour window after sunrise and then the hour before sunset, in which the light is soft and pictures look stunningly beautiful.
5. Set up a photo booth with a funky colourful theme and get your photos shot there. You can either ask your photographer to set one up, or turn it into a DIY project. Many ideas and visuals can be found on Pinterest, so don’t be afraid to give it your own special twist.
6. Don’t hesitate to bring in the ethnic flavour. Bring in the traditional clothes, rituals etc of your family or community and let them reflect in pictures to create something unique. For example, South American families can bring out their flamingo dresses, Indians can showcase their Sarees and Kurtas, while Arabs can bring out their traditional garbs and home decor settings.
7. Bring the photo shoot to your workplace. Let your profession or that of your partner be reflected in your engagement photos. For instance, have some quirky hospital clinic shots if one of you is a doctor, or play around with camouflage in case of a military man.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”