Family outings are special as it is time for parents and kids to forget about everything and get into the vacation mode. It is a time for family bonding and exploring new places. So a scrapbook about all the vacations your family has been on so far would make a great book.
You can chronicle all your journeys and include useful information which might prove useful someday. But before you do get down to making a vacation scrapbook, do make a backup of all pictures in your computer or in a photo website like Flickr or Picasa.
1. Select a scrapbook: The scrapbook you select for family vacations, should be slightly bigger in size and number of pages than normal scrapbooks. That way, you will have enough space to paste menus, postcards et al. Use white acid-free paper, which will not restrict you in terms of colors and decorations.
2. Limited pictures: You will have thousands of pictures of a family holiday, but try to restrict photo usage in scrapbook to 2-3 snaps. Otherwise it would become too bulky and you won’t be able to add more of your trips.
3. Add information: Apart from pictures, you must include travel information like getting there, places to eat, good hotels or cottages to rent, means of transport and fun activities to do there. Add your observation about local customs also.
4. Embellishments: Save your tickets, picture postcards, menus, visiting cards or even empty sugar sachets to add value to your scrapbook post. Pasting these things alongside the pictures will make it look like a true-traveler’s guide. If you are traveling abroad, then collect stamps, currency and local souvenirs of that place.
5. On the first page of the scrapbook, you can have a list of all the places you want to visit. As and when you do get a chance to visit with your family, tick off the place from the list with the date. This will give a real-time sense of how long it took for you to plan that visit.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”