8 Easy Steps to Backup your Photos
If you think saving your photos onto an external hard drive is a good backup option, think again. One fact you can’t disagree with is – external hard drive does not come with a definite lifespan. The chance of any mishap and accident are high. It’s not a matter of ‘if’ its the matter of ‘when’.
In order to have a solid backup of your photos, you can rely on Picasa. It not only serves as an easy backup option but also saves your photos in their original resolution. Picasa does not compress your images. You can rest assured of your picture quality.
Here’s how you can backup your photos using Picasa.
- Download Picasa if you haven’t installed it yet.
- Open Picasa, click Tools and select Backup Pictures.
- The moment you select ‘backup pictures’ you see two options (Step 1 and 2) that appear at the bottom of Picasa window.
- Here you either accept the default backup set name or create/edit the settings in Step 1.
- You can select options as per your need. You can create a customized backup to DVD, or a drive.
- Then you need to select the file type you want to backup.
- The best way is to select ‘All File Type’ here so that all of your videos and movies are also backed up.
- If you are backing up for the first time, you need to choose ‘Select All’ option in step 2, or else Picasa will automatically select all the pictures that have not been backed up since your last backup.
- You can also opt for manually selecting folders and photos that you want a backup for.
And you are done. Isn’t it easier than you thought? Restoring from your Picasa DVD is also easy. Just insert your DVD and let ‘auto-play’ do the rest for you. The wizard will prompt to confirm the restore location. That’s easy too, right?