If you have highest-level account seller on SmugMug, you can let your buyers view all their galleries on one event page. It simplifies the browsing and buying process, your visitors can also choose their favorite photos on an event page. The process to create and share events on SmugMug may seem quite complex to you. Fret not! we have jotted it down in an easy way to save your time and trouble.
How to Create and Share Events on SmugMug?
- To create an event, go to ‘Account Settings’.
- Click ‘Business’, and then under ‘Selling’ tab, you’ll find ‘Events’.
- Click on ‘Manage’, followed by ‘New Event’ which will take you to a page ‘Event information’.
- Fill in your name, add a short description, date of the event and a location.
- The event URL will automatically take up your event name, you can change it something you like.
- Once you are done the information, click ‘Add’ to select the galleries which are related to the event.
Now, go to ‘Event Settings‘ to add few more things or to customize it.
- Turn the ‘Slideshow’ section ‘On’.
- The beautiful slideshow of your event page can feature photos from any galleries on your site or tagged with any keywords.
- The ‘Guest Registration’, manage the participants of the event who can choose favorite photos.
- Required: This prompts the participants to register and they can browse and select favorite photos from the event immediately after entering their info. They will also receive an email with to go the event and favorites again.
- Suggested: The participants can decline the registration process and view your event as guest. They can later register by clicking ‘Register to Pick Favorites’ link which appears on the Event Homepage.
- Optional: If you set the guest registration as optional, the visitors won’t be prompted to register and browse as a guest. They can also click on ‘Register to Pick Favorites’ link to get a personalized Event page and tag favorites.
- Off: Every visitor can see the event in general version and only people you set as participants can choose the favorite photos.
- To make your event public, set a viewing password.
- Checking the ‘Passworded Gallery Access’, unlocks all the galleries in the Event by just entering the password once.
How to Share SmugMug Events?
- Once you have successfully created an event, SmugMug generates a permanent link for general sharing.
- Go to the bottom of your newly created event.
- You’ll find the link under ‘Other Guests’.
- You can post this link in your sharegroup and they’ll be able to see it as a guest.
The guests viewing the general event page can see photos, buy prints, and share the Event with others. Furthermore, you can always remove Participants or Registered Guests from your list.
Note: Do you find SmugMug time consuming, slow, and ridden with problems while uploading large size images? Well, with PicBackMan you will come to love the upload/download process; it is the fastest SmugMug uploader that helps you automate uploads and is effortless. Try it with the 7-Day Free Trial.