Moms who love to pamper their family with delicious food, often end up spending the majority of their time in the kitchen. Bringing out one scrumptious dish after another out on the table can be a very satisfying experience – not just for those who eat it, but also for the one who prepares it.
With the advent of social media and the trend of clicking pictures of everything you do, mothers these days not only just prepare the meals, but also click pictures of them before they get gobbled up.
So here are some tips which mothers would find helpful, regarding food photography:
1. Good light: Taking pictures in good light is always essential, especially in food photography where you need ample light to bring out the colour and texture of the dish. Try to use natural light in your kitchen or dining area. If your kitchen does not receive much light, then you can set up a small table on the porch or in the balcony to get the desired result.
2. Do not click pictures at night: The light from your bulbs or using the night mode setting in your camera is not a good idea. It changes the colour and appearance of the food, so your pizza might not look as bright and vibrant as it would during the day.
3. Plate-up: Properly decorate and garnish your dish before you shoot them. It not only gives it a sense of professionalism, but it will also look irresistible to your children. For example, if you make a burger, then don’t just keep it in a plate before clicking. Instead, add French fries, ketchup and salad on the side to make it look like a complete dish.
4. If a particular dish needs to be served hot, then don’t wait till it cools down to shoot it. Steaming hot dishes must be clicked fresh so that the steam is actually visible in the photo. Some dishes might cool down and develop wrinkles, so it’s best to avoid that.
5. You can use the auto mode all the time if you have enough light. But do not use flash on food items and dishes. Flashes changes the appearance and colour of food in pictures.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”