Fruits and Vegetables are the fundamental food items with which you can enter the world of food photography. Styling your food before the big photo shoot is just like getting the make-up and costume of a model right before the cameras start working.
Making your food look attractive and stylish is important, since that's half your job done. Food that looks good and has been presented nicely will automatically look yummy in photos. So the photographer won’t have to fret about getting the accessories right or the lighting, background, et al correct.
Want to know the tips and tricks which professional food stylists use around the world? Have a peep:
1. Choose your crockery and tableware carefully. You must have a couple of options ready just in case you feel the one you are using doesn’t work out. In some cases, simple is better, while you can go for elaborate tableware when you want a more dramatic effect.
2. Serve small portions of the food that has been prepared. That will have a more meaningful impact in a photo. If you fill up the plate, it will look like a hogger is going to attack the food. So less is more.
3. Pay attention to the background. For top shots, the table is your background, so decide wisely whether you want to keep the original wooden look of the table, or cover it up with a table cloth for an alternative shot. It is best to bring out the contrast between the food and the background.
4. Add more than just the plate to your frame. Napkins, cutlery, flower, ingredients, cookware or just the apron and chef’s hat next to the plate will look great in a photo.
5. To make food items like salad look fresh, either keep them in cold water for sometime which will pop up the colour, or simply sprinkle cold water on the top. For meats and fish, brush it with a bit of oil to bring out a nice shine.
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”