Flickr doesn't give you a direct way or a direct link to share your Flickr photos to your SmugMug account. Neither does SmugMug. Either you have to do it the manually, i.e. download all your Flickr photos to your computer and then upload them to your SmugMug account or use an automated software like PicBackMan to share all your Flickr photos to your SmugMug account. PicBackMan is one of the trusted 3rd party uploader, downloader and utility tool (as mentioned at http://help.smugmug.com/
Here's how you do it manually
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "You" button located at the top of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the photo, you will see it in full size.
- Click "..." (3 horizontal dots) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "View All sizes" option.
- Choose the size which you want to download and then click the link in the 'Download' section.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Flickr.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://www.SmugMug.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level and click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- This is how you can share photos from Flickr to your SmugMug account.
Here's how you do it using PicBackMan
- Go to www.picbackman.com and download picbackman.
- Register your account and launch the application.
- On Accounts tab, associate your SmugMug & Flickr accounts .
- Go to Migrate tab and click on 'Associate Account' button. Now select Flickr from the dropdown list of associated accounts and click save.
- Now you'll see a Flickr icon on the window and corresponding it various check boxes for various online services.
- In order to migrate photos to Smugmug account, select the check box corresponding to SmugMug icon.
- Now click 'Migrate' button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your Flickr photos will now be uploaded / migrated to your SmugMug account.