Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a photography software program developed by Adobe Systems. The software runs on both Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows platforms. Lightroom facilitates users to store digital photographs in large quantities and also allows them to do any post production editing. In all, Lightroom combines photo management & editing features. Lightroom is meant for people or photographers who take digital photography seriously.
Uploading from Lightroom to SmugMug
1. Open Lightroom and you should see Smugmug Logo under Publish Services.
2. Click â€˜Set Upâ€™ on the bar to open Lightroom Publishing Manager and highlight SmugMug.
3. Now you should see two buttons here: â€˜New to SmugMugâ€™ and â€˜Authorize Accountâ€™.
a. Clicking on â€˜New to SmugMugâ€™ will allow you to create a new SmugMug account, if you donâ€™t have one.
b. Clicking on â€˜Authorize Accountâ€™ would allow SmugMug to transmit your account info to Lightroom. Verify your account.
4. Back to Lightroom. Configure your settings in the â€˜Publishing Manager windowâ€™. This allows you to choose how you want your files to be named, resized, etc. on each upload.
5. Click â€˜Saveâ€™ when you're done. If you kept Sync Hierarchy checked, Lightroom will take a few minutes to pull in your SmugMug galleries. Your galleries will appear at the left, arranged by Category.
6. Its time to edit. Open the gallery you want to edit in Lightroomâ€™s â€˜Develop Paneâ€™. And save.
You can now install PicBackMan's SmugMug uploader for Mac from the website to backup upload and download SmugMug Photos effortlessly.
Quick Tip Before You Upload Photos / Videos from Lightroom to SmugMug
Photos and videos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos/vidoes safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos and videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.