Picasa is a photo sharing website created by 'Lifescape' in 2002. It allows you to upload photos and videos to share with others. It also allows you to edit and organize digital photos. Picasa uploads your photos in full resolution. Picasa gives you 3 size options to upload photos i.e Actual, Better Quality (1600 pixels) and Faster upload (1000 pixels). You can select one of these options from the 'Scale Larger Photos' drop-down menu. If you are looking for a step by step process to upload photos from Mac to Picasa Web Albums, read below.
Here are the steps to Upload Photos from Mac to Picasa Web Albums:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A "Upload Photos and Videos" window opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Select any one of the above 2 options.
- Click "Select Photos from your computer".
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" button.
- If you want upload more photos then click "Upload more" located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your Mac to a location in your Picasa web account.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.