Picasa is a good place to backup photos. It is easy to use and is accessible from anywhere in the world. Backing up Instagram photos to Picasa is relatively easier for Android users than iOS users. If you are an Android user, you can backup Instagram photos to your Picasa account in just few clicks. However, it is not recommended if you have a large collection of Instagram photos.
The process is dead easy and effortless. All you need is an Instagram app, and Picasa account and off-course the photo(s) that you want to backup.
1. Snap the photo, save it and share it with any of the other social networks (Facebook, Flickr, Twitter etc.) like you always do.
2. Now go to your Phone's gallery. There you would see an album named 'Instagram' (created by default. All your Instagram photos are saved here).
3. Open the album and select the photo(s) that you wish to upload to Picasa.
4. Once selected, click the Share icon / button. The moment you click the share button, you'll see a bunch of apps and services where you can share selected photo(s).
5. Choose Picasa. Add caption for the photo(s).
6. Now, you can either choose an existing album or create a new one to upload photos.
7. Choose from the privacy settings i.e. 'Public' or 'Unlisted'
8. Once everything is done, click 'Upload button'
9. Selected Instagram photo(s) will be backed up to your Picasa account.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.