Dropbox is a famoous cloud storage service in the world. It is reliable and easy to use. You can easily upload photos and videos to Dropbox from Mac OS X. First, you need to install the Dropbox Desktop Application on your Mac OS X. Once the installation is done, it creates a 'Dropbox' folder inside your home folder. The Dropbox folder works like any other folder on your Mac computer. Anything you add to the Dropbox folder will automatically sync to the web and any other computer or mobile device. There are two ways to upload photos from Mac to Dropbox i.e. using the PicBackMan desktop app or via the Dropbox app.
A. The PicBackMan Way:
- Connect your Dropbox account from ACCOUNTS tab.
- On 'Photos' tab click 'Associate Photo Folder' button, you see on the page'. Browse and select folder that you wish to upload to Dropbox.
Note: You can associate as many folders as you want.
- Check mark the box corresponding to 'Dropbox' icon and then click 'upload' button located at the bottom of the window
- That's it, PicBackMan's Dropbox Uploader for Mac will now upload all the photos
B. Using DropBox App for Mac:
- Install "Dropbox desktop application" on your Mac. It creates a folder on your systems hard disk. The folder is named "Dropbox".
- Browse through your photos on your mac & simply drag-and-drop them to Dropbox folder.
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the menu bar.
- A pop-up window opens up. Click "Choose File" button & select the photos on your computer which you want to upload. You can choose as many photos as you want or you may also select entire photo folders to upload.
- Click "Start Upload" button to upload your photos.
- Your photos will now be uploaded to Dropbox.
You can install PicBackMan's Dropbox uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.