Google Drive is cloud storage service by Google & allows you to store photos, videos & files online. Google Drive allows you to have all your files within reach from any smartphone, tablet or computer. You can upgrade your free 5GB account to a paid monthly subscription plan for more storage space. Google Drive offers 100GB space for $1.99/month, 1TB space for $9.99/month, 10TB space for $99.99/month, 20TB space for $199.99 and 30TB space for $299.99/month. Following are the steps to upload photos from iPhoto to Google Drive:
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Import photos from iPhoto:
- Click the Google Drive icon in the menu bar.
- Click the gear icon & checkmark all the options in the menu.
- Select the import tab.
- Click "Import Photos from iPhoto"
- A Pop-up window opens up, click "Import Photos to Google Drive".
- There are 3 ways to upload photos from iPhoto to Google Drive.
a) You can upload an entire album.
b) You can upload individual photos.
c) You can upload multiple photos from the album.
- Select the option that fulfills your requirement.
- The application will copy your photos from iPhoto to your Google Drive.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your iPhoto to a location in your Google Drive.
Tip: Make sure that you have the enough storage space left in your Google Drive account.
Quick Tip to ensure your Photos never go missing
Photos are precious memories and all of us never want to ever lose them to hard disk crashes or missing drives. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac
from the website and start backing up photos and videos.