You can not directly save photos that you take from Instagram app to your computer or laptop. To do so, you need to save them to your phone and then from phone to your computer or laptop. Instagram has a feature "Save Original Photos" which allows you to save your photos to your phone. To use it, you just need to turn ON this feature on your phone. To learn how to save Instagram photos to computer or laptop via smartphone, check out the steps given below.
Following are the steps to Save Instagram Photos to your Computer or Laptop via Smartphone:
Quick Tip to Keep your Photos Safe
- Go to http://instagram.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Download and install "Instagram" app on your phone from the Play store.
- Open "Instagram app" on your phone.
- Tap "3 vertical dots" on Android phone or tap "Settings" on iPhone.
- Move the slider from left to right to turn ON "Save Original Photos" settings.
- Once this is ON, all the photos you take from the Instagram app will be saved to your camera album on your phone.
- connect phone to your computer or laptop using USB cable.
- Click "Start" menu.
- Select "My Computer" option.
- Click "Phone" icon.
- Open "DCIM" folder of your phone.
- Drag and drop the photos from phone to the Windows PC desktop.
- This is how you can save Instagram photos to computer or laptop via smartphone.
Making backups of your photos & videos is a chore you probably skip, but it really doesn't have to be hard. Here's an effortless way to backup photos - PicBackMan. PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your photos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your photos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all photos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.