DropBox is a cloud storage service provided by DropBox Inc. Dropbox offers 2GB of free storage space, which is useful to backup photos, videos and documents. DropBox offers 2GB of free storage space. Those who need a larger storage space can upgrade to various available paid plans. Their plans start from as low as 100GB for $9.99/month and goes as high as 500GB for $49.99/month.
Google Drive is a cloud storage and synchronization service. Google Drive was released on April 24, 2012. Google Drive is a complete office suite that enable users to store music, photos, videos & other documents. Google Drive offers 5GB of free storage space. Google Drive offers 100GB space for $1.99/month, 1TB space for $9.99/month, 10TB space for $99.99/month, 20TB space for $199.99 and 30TB space for $299.99/month.
Here are the steps to move videos from Dropbox to Google Drive:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Files" located at the left side of the window.
- Navigate to the videos which you want to download.
- Click on the empty space to the right of the folder's name to select it. (clicking on the folder name or icon will open the folder instead)
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click on "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the videos from the folder.
- Your video folder will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your video album. This is the folder where your videos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here yet.
- To upload videos to this folder, click "Upload" button located next to the create button. Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select videos which you wish to upload.
- Once your files are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.