SmugMug is the largest photo and video sharing website. It allows you to backup photos and videos, organize and share them with family and friends. It allows you to upload photo file formats such as .jpeg, .png and .gif. It provides you the code to embed photos and videos to other websites. Picasa Web is an online photo organizing website and it allows you to edit, sort, organize and share them into private and public areas. Picasa allows you to upload photos upto 1GB. If you want to backup many large size photos then you can use SmugMug. If you are a paid member of SmugMug, then you can upload unlimited photos to your account.
Following are the steps to Move Photos from Picasa Web to SmugMug:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- You will see all your photo and video albums.
- Click your photo from an album which you want to download.
- You will see a photo in bigger size.
- Click "Actions" button located at top of the photo.
- Select "Download photo" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Picasa web.
- Your photo will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at top left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens-up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level and click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens-up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your SmugMug.
- This is how you can move photos from Picasa Web to SmugMug.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.