How to Move Photos from Flickr to Google Drive?
Google Drive is a cloud storage & file synchronization service provided by Google. It is useful to backup photos, videos & important files to cloud and access them from anywhere on any device. Google offers 15 GB of online storage space which is shared across Gmail, Google Drive and Google+. Google Drive offers 5 GB of storage space to all its users. Flickr is an online photo and video sharing service by Yahoo. It allows you to backup photos & videos to access them from anywhere on any smartphone, computer or tablet. It offers 1 TB of free storage space to all it users. If you want move or transfer photos from Flickr to Google Drive, then you can do this by using computer. First download your photos from Flickr to computer and upload them to Google Drive account.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Flickr to Google Drive:
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click "You" button located at the top of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the photo, you will see it in full size.
- Click "..." (3 horizontal dots) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "View All sizes" option.
- Choose the size which you want to download and then click the link in the 'Download' section.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the photo from the Flickr.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. click "Upload" button located next to the create button to upload photos.
- Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your photos are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
- This is how you can move photos from Flickr to Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.