DropBox is a cloud storage service provided by DropBox Inc. Dropbox offers 2GB of free storage space, which is useful to backup photos, videos, and documents. Dropbox allows you to create a dedicated folder (Dropbox folder) on each of their computers for storing their files, photos & videos.
Google Drive is a cloud storage & synchronization service provided by Google. Google Drive is a complete office suite that enables users to store music, photos, videos & other documents. Google Drive offers 5GB free storage space to store your files, photos & videos & allow users to access them from anywhere. There are two ways to move photos from Dropbox to Google Drive i.e. the PicBackMan way or through the Dropbox app.
Here are the steps to move photos from Dropbox to Google Drive:A. The PicBackMan way:
- Open & login to PicBackMan desktop application if you are not logged in.
- On Accounts tab, associate your Dropbox and Google Drive accounts .
- Go to Migrate tab and click on ‘Choose Account to Migrate’ button. Now select Dropbox from the drop-down list of associated accounts and click save.
- Now click ‘Migrate’ button that you see at the bottom of the window.
- All your Dropbox photos will now be migrated to your Google Drive account.
Note that PHOTO and VIDEO upload shouldn’t be running. Also, it might take time for migration to complete depending upon the number of photos you have in your Dropbox account.B. Through DropBox App
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the folder which you want to download.
- Click on the empty space to the right of the folder's name to select it. (clicking on the folder name or icon will open the folder instead)
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click on "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the folder.
- Your photo folder will now be downloaded to the computer.
- Go to https://drive.google.com & sign in to your account.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Create" button located on the left side & select "Folder" option. Specify a folder name for your photo album. This is the folder where your photos will be uploaded.
- Click on the folder you created. You will see an empty folder at the moment. It is because you haven't uploaded anything here yet.
- To upload photos to this folder, click "Upload" button located next to the create button. Select "File" option.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos that you want to upload.
- Once your files are successfully uploaded, you will be prompted with a message that says "Upload complete".
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location on your Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Google Drive uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.