Flickr is an image hosting & video hosting website where you can backup photos and videos to share with other people. If you are using Windows Photo Gallery, Apple's iPhoto and Aperture, Adobe's Lightroom, then you can directly upload photos to Flickr. Because they have the ability to upload their photos directly to Flickr. Dropbox is cloud storage & synchronization service which allows you to backup and sync photos, videos and files to cloud. It offers 2 GB of free storage space to all its users. Dropbox allows you to move photos from computer to cloud or cloud to computer by dragging and dropping then into the Dropbox folder. To learn how to move photos from Dropbox to Flickr, check out the steps below.
Here are the steps to Move Photos from Dropbox to Flickr:
- Go to https://www.dropbox.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Select the photos which you want to download.
- Click "Download" button located at the top of the window.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain all the photos from the Dropbox album.
- Your photos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top of the window.
- Click "Choose photos & videos" button to upload photos.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your computer to a location in your Flickr account.
- This is how you can move photos from Dropbox to Flickr.
You can install PicBackMan's Flickr uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.