iPhoto is the built-in photo manager in Mac which allows you to import, export, edit and organize your photos. If you have a lot of photos in Picasa Web Albums, you can manage and edit them using Picasa. But, if you want to use iPhoto to edit and organize your photos and videos, then you need to download them to your Mac and then import them into iPhoto.
Following are the steps to Move Photos and Videos from Picasa Web to iPhoto on Mac:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Click your account name and then click "Account" located at right corner of the window.
- Click "Data tools".
- Click "Select data to download".
- Click "Create archive" button to configure your data archive.
- Click "Select all".
- Click "Create archive" button.
- You will see a message "We're preparing your archive & We will email you when the archive is ready to download".
- Click "Download" button.
- You will see an option to download archived file and when you will open it, you will see all original photos and videos inside it.
- Open "iPhoto" on Mac.
- Click "File" tab.
- Select "Import to Library..." option.
- A "Finder Window" opens up.
- Locate the folder containing the photos and videos which you want to import.
- Select a folder and drag it into iPhoto viewing area or its icon in the Dock.
- All your Picasa Web photos and videos will now be moved to iPhoto on Mac.