Flickr is a popular photo-sharing website that allows you to backup photos & videos to access them from anywhere on any device. Picasa is an image organizer which allows you to backup, organize & edit digital photos. Flickr is community-centered around images. Here you will get many people to follow. Flickr allows you to make friends, join groups & add tags to your photos. If you want to migrate your Flickr videos to Picasa, first you need to download them onto your computer. And, upload them from your computer to Picasa. If you are looking for a step-by-step process to backup videos to Picasa from Flickr, read on.
Following are the steps to Migrate Videos From Flickr to Picasa:
- Go to https://www.flickr.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "You" button located at the top of the window.
- You will see all your photos & videos.
- Click the video, you will see it in full size.
- Click "..." (3 horizontal dots) located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select "Download original file" option.
- Your browser prompts you to save .zip file, then click "Save" and specify a location to download. The downloaded zip file will contain the video from the Flickr.
- All your videos will now be downloaded to computer.
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, then create one.
- Once you have signed into your account, click "Upload" button located at top of the window.
- A pop-up window "Upload Photos and Videos" opens up.
- You will see 2 options, "Create a new album" or "Add to an existing album".
- Click "Select videos from your computer".
- "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select videos that you want to upload.
- Click "Ok" or if you want upload more videos then click "Upload more" located at bottom right of the window.
- You have another option to upload the videos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your videos directly from your computer to a location in your Google Drive.
You can install PicBackMan's Flickr uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.