An assortment of photographs – usually three or more in numbers -- arranged in a way that it looks pleasing to the eye – that is the simplest way in which one can explain what a photo collage is.
You can either cut parts of various photos and join them to make an illusion of one single picture, or you can collect photos to display them in a way that it looks like one single photo in a single frame.
Photos used in a collage should have an underlying theme, otherwise it will just look like a random collection of photos, like in an album. Possible themes for a photo collage are birthdays, family, friendship, school days, funny photos, travel photos, baby photos, weddings et al.
There are two ways of making a photo collage. The traditional way included gathering prints of photos and then pasting them on a poster or inside a huge frame. However, rarely anyone does that, unless they don’t know how to operate a computer!
The modern way includes using digital photographs to make a photo collage. Software or mobile apps enable you with easy tools to make a collage in minutes and without the hassle of hunting for a good poster paper, glue and other embellishments.
2. Copy all those photos to a new folder so that it is convenient for you to work with it, instead of the tedious task of keeping all photo folders open and getting confused.
3. Colour correct all the photos. They might be the greatest clicks on earth, but they still need to be fixed for minor things like colour, exposure, et al. Most photo editing software come with a “Auto Correct” or “Auto-fix” option. Use that.
4. Download a good software that allows you to make photo collages, like Photoshop, Picasa, Lightroom et al. These are also photo editing software, so your step 3 is also taken care of.
5. Import all photos into the editing software and go through the process of making the collage. The software will automatically guide you on how to arrange photos, the size and angle of each photo, adding text, shadows or frames, cliparts, et al.
6. Save the final work and flaunt it on social networking sites like Facebook, Flickr or Pinterest. You can also take a print and gift it to a loved on. Everybody loves a collage after all!
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”