Picasa offers you an amazing feature to choose the photo upload size when you upload photos to Picasa.
When you begin to upload photos to Picasa, you can choose a size to suit your requirement. 'Size' can mean both the dimensions of the image (the height and width of the image measured in pixels) and the amount of space the file takes up on a drive ('file size'). The size options below refer to the dimensions on the longest side of the image.
When signed in:
When you are not signed in:
- Best for web sharing: Photos larger than 2048 pixels by 2048 pixels, will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels (on their longest edge). You get unlimited free photo uploads at this size.
- Original Size: Uploads the image at the original image resolution (e.g. 4288 x 2848). If you choose to upload images at their original size, they'll count toward your free storage limits.
Quick Tip to Backup your Digital Photos
- Original Size: Uploads the image at the original image resolution (e.g. 4288 x 2848).
- 1600 pixels: Recommended, great for prints, sharing online albums, or for use as a screensaver.
- 1024 pixels: Good for sharing online albums with friends and family.
- 800 pixels: Uploads up to 800 pixels are free for all users of Picasa Web Albums. A good size for publishing images on blogs and webpages.
If you have treasured photographs, or you take photos of everything you like, you won't want to lose them. So, what is the best way to backup photos on an ongoing basis? In the back of your mind, you know you need to backup all of your photos. But where do you start? Here's how to backup your digital life: PicBackMan is the easiest and simplest way to keep your videos safely backed up in one or more online accounts. Simply download PicBackMan (it's free!), register your account, connect to your online store and tell PicBackMan where your videos are - PicBackMan does the rest, automatically. It bulk uploads all videos and keeps looking for new ones and uploads those too. You don't have to ever touch it.