Picasa is a digital photo organizing & photo sharing website. It allows you to backup photos & videos, organize, edit and share them online. Picasa was originally created by a company named 'Lifescape'in 2002 & is now owned by Google since 2004. Picasa web is now integrated into Google+ account. The Picasa software on your desktop now includes 'Google+ Auto Backup' feature. If you have a Google account, you can directly access Picasa web. Picasa allows you to store large photos for upto 1GB.
Following are the steps to download photos from an iPhone to Picasa:
- Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/ & sign in to your account.
- Download & install "Picasa desktop application" on your computer & launch it.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Click "Download photos" & choose a folder to store the photos on your computer.
- Open Picasa application & click "Import" on the "Library" tab to open a file browser.
- Click "Pictures" located on the left-hand side to select your iPhone photos.
- Select photos which you want to add to your Picasa library and then click "Open," or press "Ctrl-A" to select all the photos from the folder.
- All your photos now will be downloaded to Picasa.
You can install PicBackMan's Picasa uploader for Mac from the website and start backing up photos and videos.