How many of us actually click picture during night? Surprisingly, only a hand full. Is it because we do not know the technique to capture night shots or is it because we don't like it. Well, I strongly believe that almost 90% of us do not know how to click better pictures during night.
So assuming that most of us are unaware of it, we have put together some tips for you to learn how to capture beautiful pictures in low-light or night time.
1. Use wide angle lens : A wide angle lens captures more light than a usual lens. Your picture will look a lot better when clicked using a wide angle lens. If you want to test, try to capture same shot with two different lenses. One with the wide angle and other with your usual lens.
2. Slow shutter speed : Slow shutter speed acquires more light. As we all know that the amount of light is very low during night, so, opening the shutter for a longer time will give more light to your shots.
3. Don't use camera flash: A flash is used when there is no or very low light. But photographing a night scene doesn't always require a camera flash. For example, shooting a busy road doesn't need camera flash. Similarly, when you photograph buildings it too doesn't need flash.
4. Set the white balance: White balance in your camera is set to 'Auto' by default. Reason why the colors in your night shots doesn't look great is the white balance setting. In order to capture the colors of the night like the sunset and other city lights, set your white balance to 'daylight'.
5. Use a lens hood: In order to minimize the lens flares from light entering at angles outside of your frame it is advisable to use a lens hood. It doesn't let any other source of light enter your lens.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”