Clarity and sharpness is the essence of photography. These two things add a lot of value to your pictures. These things can make or break the overall look and fell of your picture. A sharper and clearer image appeals to the eye whereas an unclear image lacking sharpness is not worth a look. Improving your photography in context to clarity and sharpness is not difficult. Following some techniques and keeping some points in mind, you can definitely improve your photography.
Here's how you can take sharper Digital photos
1. Hold you camera still : If you have just started taking pictures and can not hold a camera still for a long time, practice it. Because holding a camera still when you press the shutter button is the key to take clear and sharper pictures. See how professional photographers hold their camera and learn their technique.
2. Use tripods : If you (like many of us) are unable to hold camera still long enough, try using a tripod. It will help you to hold your camera still and shoot from a variety of angles, without much movements. So, if you have shaky hands, try a tripod.
3. Shutter speed : A faster shutter speed will cause less camera shake and it will quickly snap the picture. It allows you to freeze any movement in your shots. Thus, making your pictures clear and sharper. Choose a shutter speed with a denominator that is larger than the focal length of the lens.
4. ISO : The second very important element in the exposure setting is the ISO. The ISO setting of your camera directly affects the noisiness in your pictures. A larger ISO allows you to use faster shutter speed and smaller aperture. The ideal ISO to use is 400 - 800 (it differs from situation to situation).
5: Aperture : The third important element in the exposure settings is the Aperture. Aperture setting allows you to capture the depth of the field. Decreasing the aperture ( i.e. increasing the number f/20 etc), it will increase the depth of the field. And if you increase the aperture (i.e. decrease the number to f/4), you will see an out-of-focus foreground and background in your picture.
Note : The smaller aperture needs a longer shutter speed.
6. Get your eyes tested : On of the possible reason behind a picture that lacks sharpness could be your eye-sight. Just because you can see things as they are might result in un-clear and blur pictures. So, it is advisable to get your eyes tested. And if you wear spectacles, wear them while shooting as well.
7. Clean your camera lens : Sometimes dirt and filth on your camera lens could be a reason for lack of sharpness in your pictures. Get it cleaned or clean it yourself. You may find fingerprints, fiber particles, dirt or dust causing the blur effect on your pictures.
Automate backup & migration of your photos & videos with support for all top services.
Trusted by users in 125+ countries.
“Your pictures are scattered. PicBackMan helps you bring order to your digital memories.”